6/8/09

Giambotta

This "vegetable stew" reminds me of summer. I love when my mother makes this dish, it reminds me of being home and my childhood. I post this today because I just planted my vegetable garden and it made me think that I'll be able to make this soon.

2 T. Olive oil
1 green zucchini, cut lengthwise and then in slices
1 sm onion, sliced
2 medium potatoes
1 clove garlic, chopped
salt/pepper
2 T. fresh parsely
3 T. fresh basil
1 can diced tomatoes
string beans, about 1-2 handfuls, parboiled
parmesan cheese

Heat olive oil in a frying pan and saute on medium heat onions, zucchini and potatoes for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, parsely, basil and tomatoes and continue frying. If the liquid absorbs too much, add a little water. Cook until zucchini and potatoes are tender. Add parboiled stringbeans when the zucchini and potatoes are almost finished. Serve with grated cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment